Huawei HiLink – The Only Management App You’ll Need
Huawei comes out with great products and I recently reviewed one of their products sold by Telikom PNG – Huawei E8372 wingle. It is a great device. However, Telikom’s management interface still needs a lot of work.
The coding needs to be updated to make it more responsive to device types. At the moment it is locked at a certain size which makes it difficult to use on smaller devices. Fortunately, Huawei’s HiLink app takes care of that and much more.
Huawei HiLink App
The Huawei HiLink app gives users greater control over their device, and improves functionality. It allows for:
- Data traffic management – allowing users to see how much data they are using, who is using and to set a quota on usage.
- Messaging – allowing users to send and receive message directly from devices. This is great for balance checks and data crediting.
- Basic information query – allowing users to view operator name, roaming status, signal strength, data traffic and connection duration.
- WiFi – allowing users to see current number of devices connected and block if need be.
- SD card file management – allowing users to share files and essentially turning the device into a storage hub.
- Password settings and online updating – allowing users to change /update their passwords and also update the device software and firmware via the internet.
Unfortunately, HiLink app does not support every Huawei device. The device manufacturer has given a list of the models that are supported. They are:
HiLink app can be downloaded for both iOS and Android devices. Below are links to their respective stores.
- Apple App Store – http://q.gs/267514/huawei-hilink-ios
- Google Play – http://q.gs/267514/huawei-hilink-android
I’m recommending this app for anyone who uses a Huawei modem/ wingle etc. This application makes managing the device and breeze and has an advantaged over default interfaces inbuilt into the device.