BSP SMS Hoax Alert
Bank South Pacific (BSP) is warning its valued customers and the general public that hoax SMS are being circulated to random mobile numbers claiming that the recipient has won prize money through a promotion.
In a public notice, the bank stated that while the messages appear to be genuine, they are in fact fraudulent and do not represent the commercial bank or any of its staff. They further advised that they do not:
- Have any current cash prize promotions running.
- Send SMS advice of wining amount of prize monies.
The bank is also asking valued clients, who receive these SMS, to:
- Ignore the message and do not respond.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the bank to verify and investigate.
- Contact their telecommunications provider to report suspicious activity.
BSP’s website also lists these two sites as helpful:
Meanwhile, anyone requiring further assistance or inquiries can contact BSP Customer Service Center on (+675) 320 1212 /7030 1212 or email email@example.com.